Thursday, July 31, 2014

RENT THE RUNWAY

Anyone who talks to me on a regular basis knows that I am a HUGE fan of Rent the Runway

You you can rent designer dresses  for any event at super reasonable prices. It's totally fun and I highly recommend you rent for your next big night out!! They will send you your dress in two sizes of your choosing ( but only pay the cost of one rental), and I think you can keep the dress for 4 days before you have to return. The company provides you with all of the UPS stuff for return for no hassle AND if you get your dress and decide you do not like it you can call the company they will overnight you something else.

My first rental was a bust. The dress was not a style that looks good on me, and the dress ended up being too big BUT I did not try it on until the day of the event so I screwed myself out of getting something else overnighted to me. The dress itself was beautiful and I do not fault the company. I have had three very successful rentals following.

So...here are my rentals so far. The first one:

Herve Leger Wishful Thinking Dress
Rental -$80 Retail $1590

I paired with Canary Statement Earrings Kate Spade NY
Rental $15 Retail $98





The model (duh)
moi

Kate Spade Earrings



 Next Rental!

Botanical Beauty Dress D&G by Dolce and Gabbana
Rental $35 Retail $750
Opening Night Statement Earrings Kate Spade NY

Me. Just kidding

Me and Sanna!


Kate Spade Earrings



 And my most recent rental...I have to note that this dress is not my usual style but with my little baby bump I needed something to get creative. It does not look like a baby bump yet, just like a pooch so I needed to cover it. They have a "bump friendly" section which does not carry official maternity clothes, but recommendations on dresses that work well with bumps of all sizes.

Haute Hippy Electric Rose Dress 
Rental $85 Retail $495
Kendra Scott Turq Deily Earrings

not me
My husband and my bump
    
       
Kendra Scott Earrings


I highly recommend Rent the Runway to everyone. Like I said it's really fun to look at all of the dresses...they also have pictures submitted by real people so you can see what they actually look like on your body type. Oh joy of waiting with baited breath for you package to arrive, while praying to the high heavens that the dress you ordered but did not try on fits like a glove! 

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment