Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Not So Immaculate Conception

Yooooooou-Whoooooooo! I'm over here! Yes-ahem, hello and hi.

Starting a new blog is awkward, isn't it?  Sort of like a first date, except not really. I was blogging about my wedding last time we talked and had a few posts about my future baby, but now that I am about to become a mother-my wedding seems as though it was years ago. Sort of. It also seems like it was just yesterday. Which I find depressing. No sexy newlywed time for me and the hubster. I found out I was pregnant as soon as I came home from our Barcelona honeymoon in July-which is sort of embarrassing.

There. I said it.  I find the whole "honeymoon baby" thing to be totally embarrassing.

Everyone does the math when I tell them the due date. They make jokes about it , "Guess ya didn't do too much sightseeing hehehehe" and I have to go along and hahahehehohum and act like I'm totally okay with the fact that these people have a mental picture of me in all of my baby making glory. I hate it.  Oh-and for the record my wedding was on June 19th, 2010 and my daughter is due March 17, 2010. She is possibly a wedding night baby, but not concieved before, as I was totally wrapped up in place cards, guest counts, and tulle and barely knew my future (now present) husband existed. So there. Now you all know I did it on my wedding night, and on my honeymoon, like MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Isn't it soooo hilarious?

So anyway, I guess this blog will mostly be about me and my journey out of the bars and into motherhood. Bottles,  binkys, and boppies will now become regulars in my vocab. Bebe, bloody marys, and brunch will slowly become mystery words of yesterday. Well, not really, but I'm sure for the first few months I'll be totally brain dead and not able to think about much besides keeping the baby alive, and safe.



I'll try my best to NOT majorly screw up her first month of life.

1 comment:

  1. this is so cute, especially about the conception date lol! i remember thinking "woah i know the date i conceived and we're due like THE SAME day, (im due march 18th), so i know when she was getting busy!" lol.

    Can't wait to read about your journey, I will have much to relate to. You have a way of pulling me in to read your blogs, they are so funny and i relate to the way you are feeling :)

    ReplyDelete