Thursday, March 17, 2011

oh baby baby

Well, I didn't want to write this post. I've been avoiding it but since I'm up at 1:0a AM and nothing else is going on. I'll just get on with it.

I am three days past my due date.

I never ever thought I would be over 40 weeks pregnant. I mean, I never even considered it. I think I'm actually still in shock. And I'm kind of pissed too. I'm like, SO ready to move on to the next phase of my life. It isn't even that I'm sick of being pregnant (which yes-I am). I just can't DO anything. My body is exhausted. Totally exhausted. I tried walking to the local java joint today and you would have thought I ran a marathon. I regurgitate everything I eat, and right now my daughter is kicking the shit out of me. I thought they weren't supposed to move that much at 40 weeks? I can't tell if it hurts because I'm having contractions, or because she is moving all around. Regardless of what it is, I'm very uncomfortable.

Pregnancy is so different than what I thought it was going to beI can't put into words what this experience has been like just yet, because I don't know. I haven't reflected enough because I'm so caught up in when the hell she is getting here that I don't think of much else. Right now I feel like I am about to get seasick from all of this movement so I will finish writing at a later date. I guess she loved the warm milk I just had or something. Oh, and remind me to tell you  about the castor oil conversation I had with my husband.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, georgia will be here soon!!! I cannot wait to see pictures on facebook when she's finally here!

    I know how you feel. The most annoying part of being pregnant is not being able to do anything. Not being able to move something into another room because it's too heavy for your pregnant self. Not being able to straighten up without feeling exhausted. Not being able to walk up the stairs without resting afterwards. Not being able to sleep or turn over ... Uh!!!!!!

    I will say, i agree with you ... it was easy to give up the drinking - the hardest part was that i always felt like a bum and all i wanted to do was get up and go but couldn't! at least for me!

    I hope you don't need a c section, because that just continues that feeling ugh!!!!!!! I'm praying for you - hoping you go sooner than next thursday , but at least she will be here next week either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah giving up drinking and eating what you like is the easiest part of being pregnant because you HAVE to do it. Maybe it is because i am just an anxiety ridden person in general, but going to bed every night knowing I was the lifeline for someone so helpless was far more difficult for me than not eating something I enjoyed. Talk about pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your waiting has finally come to an end... your little angel (aka peach) is here!! Congratulations! She is gorgeous! I wish your family a lifetime of happiness! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and by the way... I look forward to all the witty posts about sleepless nights and gross experiences only a mama can love! =)

    ReplyDelete