Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Is it you, or is it me?

Um...Okay. So remember how I was talking about Christmas, and how I wanted it to be special for Georgia, but I wasn't sure what to do about the religious part, I want her to partake in all cultural traditions, not have it all be about presents, blah blah blah. REMEMBER? REMEMBER WHEN I SAID THAT?

Okay... well.... Fuck that.

I have just spent all weekend gleefully buying Christmas presents for my daughter myself and have not given one thought about the true meaning of Christmas, or what Christmas means in other countries, or that it is important to know that the world is made up of different nationalities that celebrate all types of holidays.

Nope! I got a load of the American Girls doll collection and BAM! I am hooked! Matching outfits? Limitless accessories? A doll salon in NYC? Here you go honey!

Pink retro kitchen? YES PLEASE! And if you have a pink kitchen you need pots and pans to cook with, and fake eggs, milk, fruit, and other such important condiments that go in the kitchen. And a shopping cart to put all that shit in!

And while we are at it, you are at an age where Mommy would like to make you her walking fashion billboard, so here are some pink uggs* and faux lepoard fur vests for you to roll around the dirty playground in!

Oh also-I would like for you to start your singer-songwriter career THIS YEAR, so here is a guitar. I know you are only 1 year old, but seriously, it is never to early to begin your path to stardom.

I don't know what all of this means about me. Probably that I am going to be one of those mothers who lives vicariously through the posessions of my child.

Awesome.

*Fake Uggs

No comments:

Post a Comment