Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Is there anybody out there...?

Soooo, it's been about 2 months since I've written anything. I keep THINKING about writing, but turning on the computer and trying to get my thoughts together (after work) just seems like the BIGGEST chore ever. I would rather clean my bathroom.

I've been feeling kind of funky for a while, and writing seemed  too hard. I didn't know what I wanted to write about. I've been having anxiety attacks left and right, waking up in a cold sweat thinking someone was going to break in and steal Georgia, thinking ridiculous thoughts like a car was going to fly up onto the sidewalk and hit the stroller and Georgia and I would go flying in the air.  I am rational enough to know that these things were most likely not going to happen. Regardless, the crazy part of my brain was winning a battle with the rational part, and it was exhausting. 

I was losing focus. I felt very disconnected at work and at home-kind of like I was a ghost just floating through life. Yes, I smiled and did my best 'Miss America" wave for everyone, but people were starting to notice and I was tired of thinking about stupid things like how I would save Georgia if  the earth spun out of orbit.  I made an appointment with a therapist who specializes in post partum anxiety, and I started taking St. John's Wort-you know-to promote mental health.

So it's been a month and I feel MUCH better. The waking up at night has stopped, the weird thoughts are few and far between, I think I look better (Although that might be due to the fact that I splurged and bout a bunch of clinique skin care products. I was lookin' bad yall) It's really great to be able to sit in a room and talk about yourself for an hour without worrying how bored the other person is. The therapist is getting paid to hear me talk! It doesn't matter! I can talk about whatever the hell I want and she has to listen! I recommend therapy for everyone.

So, that is where I am right now in  life, and why I've been too exhausted to write. I know you are all on the edge. of. your. seats. waiting to hear about the results of the botox on my vocal cords-so I'll post about that journey soon and I have LOTS to say about what's going on in baby world. AND I'm still trying to get the energy together to makes some changes to my blog ,so hopefully now that I am a mentally stable woman I can focus on that too!

I will talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been having such a stressful time. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely, I have had the same out of orbit thought...:/

    ReplyDelete