Monday, January 2, 2012

Bad Mom

Hello and Happy New Year! I could never be a professional blogger because I'm down to writing once a month. I do have a good excuse though. I started my new job and I've been EXHAUSTED!  A new job is very stressful and combined with taking care of little G, I can barely keep my eyes open. Everything is working out fabulously, I really like it, and I'm happy I decided to make the switch. That's all I'm writing about work, because blogging and work don't mix.

Now on to the love of my life. Georgia Grace. She is 9 months old now, says "Mama" and "Dada". She points at objects she wants, and has great control when picking up things and switching them in her hands. The doc says this kind of baby work is ADVAAANCED. Yes, I was annoyingly proud that the doctor said this. She claps her hands, says "HIIIYA" when you enter a room, gives me a hug when I say, 'Where is my baaaaby?" And she french kisses me when I pucker my lips. I want to melt into a puddle each time she kisses me. It actually makes my heart hurt, and sometimes I wonder how parents  survive this kind of love. It is the biggest kind of love-so heart achingly beautiful and scary. I don't know how else to describe it.

Christmas in Cancun was really fun. Not very relaxing, as far as how you relax when you don't have children. But relaxing in the I have kids an can't really relax kind of relaxing. I would never want to go on vacation without Georgia. I would miss her too much. It doesn't matter that my life is not my own. I've grown up so much this year, become less self-absorbed and more self-satisfied. I love being Georgia's mama. Everyday I thank the stars for sending me my perfect little babe, and wonder what I ever did to get so lucky to get to be HER mom.

I hope she one day feels lucky to have me as her mom. When I think about what a big deal I am going to be to her over the next 18 years, it gives me chills. Parents can make or break their kids in some cases, and I never want her to feel lonely or unloved, or bad about herself.  Obviously, I know most parents go into parenting with these goals,  but I don't understand how their view changes as their children get older. Do they forget how HUGE there role is in shaping their children? Once the sweet baby face is relpaced by an annoying acne faced 12 year old, is it easy to forget everything you pledged on the day of their birth? 

 I guess only time will tell. I will not be concerned with that now. Right now we are into going to playgrounds, reading stories, watching Barney.  Ugh kill me now, the kid loves Barney. My granny let her watch it one day while she was babysitting.  At first I was horrified-not about watching television, but actually horrified about Barney.  And then I'm like, "I've never even watched Barney. I just think I'm SUPPOSED to hate this Barney who I have never seen"  So then it was all confusing, and I decided to watch an episode with her to see what was up. She laughs her ass off. Seriously, it is so funny. She screams and laughs, and points( in a very advanced fashion) at the television. Who am I to deny her such fun?  Plus, Barney shares and helps people, and sings. Georgia LOVES music and dances andwatching other children so whatever.

Yep, Georgia and I watch television together every once in a while. Bite me, haters.

                                                                                             ( Role Model)

1 comment:

  1. I loved this. It sounds like Georgia is doing so great! She is so smart.

    I am the same way about the tv, at first i was like "but i have to hate barney and the wiggles (god how i hate the wiggles), but she loves it. At least, she loves the songs in the beginning, gets this huge smile on her face. and yes, i feel like i love olivia so much that it actually hurts. i always wonder if the dads feel the same way. When Olivia goes to sleep I keep telling Chris how much I miss her, how i just want to crawl in there and sleep with her! Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete